ABOUT THE STRATEGIC
Santa Clara County Parks is undertaking a comprehensive update to the County Parks Department Strategic Plan (2003). The 2018 Update will chart the course for the Parks Department’s next 20 years.
Goals for the 2018 Update include:
- Update the Long-Range Vision.
- Assess key systems, procedures, policies, facilities, trends, and conditions in a comprehensive Needs Assessment.
- Present Refined Procedural and Policy Guidelines to make standard operating processes clearer, faster, and more effective.
- Assess the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) process and develop new Priority-Setting Criteria that integrate consideration of operational costs.
- Develop a 3-5 year Action Plan for near-term implementation of the Integrated CIP.
The mission of the Santa Clara County Parks and Recreation Department is to provide, protect and preserve regional parklands for the enjoyment, education and inspiration of this and future generations.
Department Mission Statement